View Firm Profile
Tulett, Matthews & Assoc. Inc.
Partner & Portfolio Manager
Tel: (866) 695 - 0096 ext 106
Partner & Portfolio Manager
Tel: (866) 695 - 0096 ext 109
Tel: (866) 695 - 0096 ext 103
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
* indicates a physical location in this province
Founded in Montreal, Quebec in 1996, Tulett, Matthews & Associates is an independent privately-owned investment counseling firm providing conservative investment management services to individual and their families. TMA specializes in discretionary portfolio management services designed for Canadian investors who are serious about achieving their long-term investment goals. Our unique consultative approach helps ensure that we only work with clients with whom we can add real value in their pursuit of a successful investment experience.
Our current client base consists primarily of three groups:
- Professionals – Accountants, Dentists, Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Business & Investment Managers, etc.
- Retirees – Individuals preparing for retirement and those who are already retired
- Successful Entrepreneurs – Business owners seeking to diversify their wealth
Our approach to diversified asset class allocation is focused on creating the best possible investment experience for our clients. Portfolio(s) are customized according to our client’s personal goals and circumstances, long-term investment objectives, and their tolerance to equity and bond market volatility.
The following portfolio strategies and investment concepts form the foundation of our investment philosophy:
- Disciplined and structured portfolio construction process
- A diversified investment approach consisting of 7 to 12 asset classes
- Major asset class categories include: Fixed Income, REITs, Canadian Equity, U.S. Equity, and International Equity
- Possible inclusion of higher return equity asset classes (value and small company stocks)
- Lower portfolio turnover, and attention to tax-effective investing strategies
- Rebalancing to investor’s Investment Policy Statement
- Attention to portfolio risk management
- Exchange traded funds and asset class funds sub-advised by Dimensional Fund Advisors make up the majority of investment choices for the various asset classes.
Reporting & Communication with Clients
Regular contact by portfolio managers and associates is key in our ability to provide clients the highly-personalized care they deserve. This often means working closely with their other professional advisors as well, such as accountants and lawyers. We conduct client meetings regularly and undertake a formal review of each policy statement annually to ensure investments remain consistent with the client’s situation as it evolves over time.
We provide semi-annual investment portfolio reports to our clients. Total investment performance is calculated on an annual basis. Clients receive regular month-end statements and year-end tax packages directly from TD Waterhouse Institutional Services. We also offer on-line portfolio access directly through TD Waterhouse Institutional Services, along with our portfolio management software.
For more information on our firm please visit: www.tma-invest.com