26 Wellington Street East, Suite 800
Ontario M5E 1S2
(416) 366 - 1451
President and Chief Investment Officer
Tel: (416) 640 - 8556
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia*
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador*
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
* indicates a physical location in this province
T.E. Investment Counsel is part of T.E. Wealth, a national company that provides individuals, families and institutions across Canada with financial planning expertise, guidance and advice. T.E. Investment Counsel was founded in 1994 and serves as a great complement to its sister company, T.E. Financial Consultants Ltd. T.E. Investment Counsel’s superior value is based on a foundation of unsurpassed service, expertise, and a disciplined investment process.
At T.E. Investment Counsel, we help individuals, families and institutions reach their most important financial goals. We achieve this through our multi-manager investment solutions. By managing the underlying managers and their respective styles, we manage portfolio risk for our clients. We do not manage any money ourselves.
Our disciplined process enables us to identify objectives, structure customized investment strategies, engage carefully selected investment managers, measure results, and continually refine our approach. Our philosophy is based on three key principles:
1. Investment success requires the development of a customized Investment Policy Statement for each client.
2. Risk is reduced when multiple investment styles and managers are combined within a portfolio; and
3. Capital Markets are generally efficient, but skilled money managers can add excess value over time.
Clients of T.E. Investment Counsel will experience the superior value of personalized service, proven expertise and a disciplined investment process that is focused on your needs.
Your Investment Partner
At T.E. Investment Counsel, we act as your partner by providing expert advice and investment management to meet your individual or organizational goals.
1. Objective – We rigorously screen and select investment managers with a proven history of performance and stability. We construct customize portfolios that are diversified by manager and investment style. Our managers are consistently being reviewed to ensure our standards are met.
2. Experienced – The credentials of our Investment Counsellors and money managers are supported by years of practical investment experience and a strict adherence to proven investment principles.
3. Responsive – To ensure that our clients are confident and well-informed regarding their investment strategy, we provide detailed reporting, regular portfolio reviews and personal attention.
4. Consistent – We aim for consistent performance by following a disciplined process. We devote tremendous energy to nurturing consistent, long-term partnerships with our valued clients.
Reporting and Communication with our Clients
In order to ensure that our clients are well informed regarding our investment and portfolio strategy, as well as performance, clients receive quarterly reports, and meet with an Investment Counsellor on a regular basis.