View Firm Profile
Pier 21 Asset Management Inc.
President & CEO
Tel: (514) 397 - 4027
Types of Accounts Managed
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
* indicates a physical location in this province
Pier 21 Asset Management Inc. is a privately held global asset management company headquartered in the province of Quebec, with offices in Montreal and Toronto. The firm searches the globe to uncover time-tested global investment strategies it can then offer to institutional investors. Pier 21 works with established, specialized investment managers from around the world that are otherwise unavailable in Canada, providing world-class investment management services to pension plans, foundations, endowments, insurance companies, family offices, and other institutional clients.
Pier 21’s focus is singular: to provide a quality global offering that meets clients’ needs and expectations. This offering creates a single point of domestic access to a greater selection of time-proven global investment management solutions. The firm believes that no single investment style is better than another as long as an investment manager can demonstrate skill over a long period of time.
Our aim is not to be Canada’s largest investment manager. Rather, it is to be of the greatest quality. To this end we commit to:
- Establishing a few strong relationships with outstanding, high quality people, both in terms of clients and investment managers.
- Having a strong work ethic that promotes innovation, entrepreneurialism, team values and accountability.
- Being responsive to the ever-changing needs of the institutional marketplace.
- Holding the highest standards of ethics without compromise.
Reporting and Communication with Client
Pier 21 believes that informative, continuous communication is vital to establishing successful long-term relationships. We participate in regular meetings with our clients to review past results, economic and financial market developments as well as to communicate our investment strategy. In addition we provide monthly and quarterly account reports, investment commentary as well as relevant quarterly newsletters.
Although we have a team dedicated to servicing clients, each client has direct access to our portfolio managers so that informed and meaningful information is available at all times from those making the investment decisions.