View Firm Profile
Cordiant Capital Inc.
Chief Compliance Officer
Tel: (514) 286 - 4512
Chief Financial Officer
Tel: (514) 286 - 0504
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - First Nations
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- United States
- International - Non-North American
* indicates a physical location in this province
Cordiant is a fund management firm established in 1999 and dedicated to investments in the emerging markets. Cordiant has raised over $2 billion in commitments from institutional investors to private debt and equity funds. Cordiant’s private debt funds, which comprise the core of its activity, aim to achieve stable low-volatility returns by investing in high quality secured loans to private sector borrowers in the emerging markets.
- Buy-and-hold strategy
- Long-term investments in private sector companies
- Focus on companies with sustainable businesses and hard assets
- Origination through extensive network of partners in both the developed and emerging markets
- Risk management supported by extensive bottom-up credit selection process, diversification across sectors and regions and stringent oversight
- Philosophy of open communication and full transparency with investors
Cordiant has integrated analysis of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into its investment process since its inception. Central to Cordiant’s investment philosophy is the belief that socially responsible investing makes fundamental business sense, adds value, and enhances the quality of investment portfolios. Cordiant was an early signatory and has been an active contributor to the development of the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Investing (UNPRI).