View Firm Profile
AGF Investments Inc.
66 Wellington Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5K 1E9
(416) 367 - 1900
Vice-President and Head of Institutional Distribution
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
- Institutional Investor - Pension Plan
- Institutional Investor - Non-Profit
- Institutional Investor - Other
Provinces of Business
- British Columbia*
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
- United States
- International - Non-North American
* indicates a physical location in this province
Headquartered in Toronto, AGF Investments Inc. (AGFI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of AGF Management Limited (AGF). Founded in 1957, AGF is a Canadian-based investment solutions firm with financial performance, talent and client relationships. Through our investment management subsidiaries, we offer quality investment management services to Canadian and international investors via our institutional strategies, retail funds and private counsel businesses.
Class A shares of AGF are closely held by two senior officers of the firm. Class B shares are publicly traded on the TSX listed as AGF.B.
AGFI offers a diverse line-up of strategies, each of which offers a distinct investment philosophy and process that are clearly articulated to clients and consistently applied. Our investment management teams thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
The four cornerstones of our firm’s investment approach include:
- Shared intelligence. We embrace the collaborative autonomy of investment teams that operate with a global presence, delivering solutions based on distinct investment philosophies.
- Disciplined processes. We adhere to disciplined investment processes that lead to long term investment excellence.
- Innovative thinking. We build on our premier reputation of over half a century of independent and innovative investment thinking.
- People-first culture. As stakeholders, we invest in our people to foster an open environment based on passion, integrity, and professional respect.
AGFI is driven by a client-focused, collaborative culture. Through a dedicated and experienced team, clients will receive:
- Regular Investment reviews with investment team members
- Periodic investment insights or research written by in-house industry experts
- Timely, customized reports on a quarterly basis
In order to promote accountability and continuity, clients will work with one point of contact throughout the sales and relationship management process.
Safeguarding of Investor Assets
(eg. insurance, 3rd party custodian, separate custodian statements, fiduciary duty, code of ethics, conflicts of interest, regulation, audits, advisory boards)
The safeguarding of investor assets is of great importance to AGFI and as such, a number of policies are in place that are closely monitored and regulated by AGF’s compliance department.
AGF employees and investment management teams are governed by the following policies:
- Proxy voting policy
- Securities trading policy
- Code of business conduct and ethics
- Best execution and broker selection
- Trade error policy
- Fair allocation
- Soft dollars
AGFI’s business is regularly monitored by external and internal auditors. Our Internal Audit department’s mandate is to provide independent and objective assurance on the state of governance, risk management and control. Internal Audit provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of and compliance with AGF’s established policies and procedures which assists the Audit Committee and Senior Management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
Note: AGF’s private client business is managed through Cypress Capital Management Limited and Doherty and Associates Limited which are wholly owned subsidiaries of AGF Management Limited.