- Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Time: 12:00 – 2:00 PM EDT (lunch provided)
- Location: Club Saint-James de Montreal, Midway Room – 1145 avenue Union. Also available by tele-conference.
- Audience: Portfolio managers working directly with private clients.
- Members/Affiliates/EMB Members: $75 + tax
- Non-Members/Non-Affiliates: $100 + tax
- Members/Affiliates/EMB Members: $50 + tax
- Non-Members/Non-Affiliates: $75 + tax
Ellen Bessner, a leader in commercial and securities litigation, and author of “Advisor at Risk, a Roadmap to Protecting Your Business”, and soon to be released “Communication Risk, How to Bridge the Client-Advisor Gap to Protect and Grow Your Business”, will address the challenges for client facing portfolio managers when protecting senior clients and managing their assets.
Topics covered will include:
- The risks associated with presumptions made by the regulators about seniors;
- The complexities of Powers of Attorneys and the importance of knowing your clients’ trusted contacts;
- The practical and legal implications of being a fiduciary;
- The importance of a paper trail to prove communication; and
- Dealing with challenging and risky family relationships.
This session will help prepare client facing portfolio managers to manage the risks of this growing demographic.
Thank you to our sponsor for contributing to this event:
Cancellations must be received via email to Gillian Murch at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2018. After September 5, no refunds will be issued; however delegate substitution is permitted up to, and including, the day of the forum. If you register for the conference and do not attend, you are responsible for the full registration fee.