Established in 1952, Portfolio Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is a forum for Portfolio Management firms to share best practices and industry knowledge. PMAC was formerly known as the Investment Counsel Association of Canada (ICAC). The new name Portfolio Management Association of Canada was launched in 2010 to reflect growth, national membership and diversity of its membership managing private client, pension, foundations and other institutional client portfolios.
Over the years, the Association has evolved to be an active voice in Ottawa and with provincial securities commissions on issues that impact investors and their investment managers.
PMAC members manage investment portfolios for private individuals, foundations, universities and pension plans.
PMAC currently represents over 200 portfolio management firms who collectively manage more than $1 trillion of assets on behalf of more than one million high net worth and institutional investors.
What we do
PMAC’s mission is to advocate the highest standards of unbiased portfolio management in the interest of investors served by members.
- To advocate Members’ views to securities regulators and other government agencies
- To increase public awareness of independent portfolio management and its benefits
- To provide valuable business services to Members
- To provide a forum for Member networking
PMAC pursues its mission and objectives through various activities including:
- Annual Conference and regular seminars
- Networking events with peers
- Surveys on operational, compliance and best practice issues
- Government submissions
- Sharing member developed/legally vetted templates, policies and standards
- Offering quality insurance coverage to the benefit of member firms, their employees and clients