View Firm Profile
Aldersley Securities Inc.
Tel: (519) 364 - 6093
Types of Accounts Managed
- Private Individual / Investor
Provinces of Business
* indicates a physical location in this province
Aldersley Securities Inc. was set up September 1995 by Jack Aldersley, FCA and his daughter, Helen E. Aldersley, CFP, CIM, FMA. Its purpose was to provide an independent investment advisory service for residents of the Town of Hanover and the surrounding communities.
Our mission is to provide sound, competent, unbiased investment advice. Our approach is personalized. Whether it is all fixed income, all equities or a balance of both, we construct individual portfolios that are suitable for each client’s goals, circumstances and risk tolerance.
Our objective is to preserve and grow client wealth by planning and building a diversified investment portfolio. We recognize that each client is different with respect to risk tolerance and investment preferences. We do not make speculative investments unless specifically told to do so by a client. Because different clients have different preferences, we do not provide pooled funds.
With the services of a discount broker, each client has their own account that is accessible to them at all times. The discount broker acts as custodian of the securities, in addition to accounting for cash balances, collecting interest, dividends and income tax reporting.
Investments can be held in:
- Investment Accounts
- Corporate Accounts
- Tax Free Savings Accounts
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Registered Retirement Income Fund
- Estate or Trust Accounts
- Private Client Accounts are nondiscretionary – we discuss all proposed transactions with the client.
Reporting and Communication with Clients
We are always available to answer client questions and concerns, maintaining their strictest confidence.
We work with our clients’ own accountants and lawyers to ensure accurate reporting. To fully understand our clients’ changing needs, Aldersley Securities strives to meet with each client at least annually to reaffirm investment objectives, making changes to their portfolios as required.
We keep in touch with our clients by providing:
- Quarterly Asset Allocation schedule
- Quarterly Portfolio Summary
- Quarterly accumulative trading summary, tracking investment adjusted cost base and realized capital gains or losses for income tax purposes
- Portfolio ‘Snapshot’ showing account market value and asset allocations at ‘a point in time’ for client meetings
- Annual Portfolio Performance Summary
From the discount broker, the client will receive:
- Confirmations of all trades in the account
- Monthly statements showing market value of portfolio at month end, monthly trading activity, monthly cash activity and monthly investment gain or loss
- Annual income tax slips such as T5, T3, etc. reporting dividend and investment income in the account
Please feel free to contact us, we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.